of the library remains a top priority for the college administration. Hence, we
have a Library Committee chaired by our Principal/TIC. Frequent meetings of
this committee are held throughout the year and important issues are discussed.
In the mission towards achieving a fully computerized library, we have come a
long way. In addition to the Central Library, each of the 13 Honours
Departments has a Seminar Library. The HODs monitor all the activities of these
libraries in consultations with the Librarian. Students are very satisfied with
the easy accessibility of various text and reference books.
(1) There is an Advisory
Committee for the Library, namely ‘Library Sub-Committee’ which is created by
the Governing Body. It consists of all HODs , one of them acting as the
Convener and one student representative in addition to the Principal/TIC who
acts as the Chairman. The committee looks after the purchase of books, journals
and suggests necessary measures of development to the Governing Body.
(2) All the students having Library Identity Cards, Teachers and Non-teaching
Staff are allowed to use the Reading Room and borrow books from the
(3) The Library area is considerably large.
(4) The Library purchases current titles, important journals and other reading
materials through the Library Sub- Committee.
(5) The Library is kept open on all working days and also in the Summer
(6) The Central Library also monitor another well-stocked Library for the Post
Graduate students of M.Sc.(Microbiology) Department.