The improvement of the library remains a top priority for the college administration. Hence, we have a Library Committee chaired by our Principal/TIC. Frequent meetings of this committee are held throughout the year and important issues are discussed. In the mission towards achieving a fully computerized library, we have come a long way. In addition to the Central Library, each of the 13 Honours Departments has a Seminar Library. The HODs monitor all the activities of these libraries in consultations with the Librarian. Students are very satisfied with the easy accessibility of various text and reference books.
(1) There is an Advisory Committee for the Library, namely ‘Library Sub-Committee’ which is created by the Governing Body. It consists of all HODs , one of them acting as the Convenor and one student representative in addition to the Principal/TIC who acts as the Chairman. The committee looks after the purchase of books, journals and suggests necessary measures of development to the Governing Body.
(2) All the students having Library Identity Cards, Teachers and Non-teaching Staff are allowed to use the Reading Room and borrow books from the Library.
(3) The Library area is considerably large.
(4) The Library purchases current titles, important journals and other reading materials through the Library Sub- Committee.
(5) The Library is kept open on all working days and also in the Summer Recess.
(6) The Central Library also monitor another well-stocked Library for the Post Graduate students of M.Sc.(Microbiology) Department.