Vijaygarh Jyotish Ray College | Official Website

Online Admission 2018-2019
University of Calcutta centralized admission for M.Sc in Microbiology 2018-19 in Vijaygarh Jyotish Ray College


M.Sc. Microbiology 1st Semester

On-Line Application forms for admission to 1st Semester class for M.Sc in Microbiology are usually available from college website on and from 6th July (5:00 p.m.) to 11th July, (5:00 p.m.) on payment of Rs. 330/- (inclusive of bank charges of Rs 30/-). Last date for payment of application fees in Bejoygarh Branch of Canara Bank (within the college campus) to Account no. 8566101000001, (MICR CODE 700015056 and IFSC CODE CNRB0008566) is 13th July within 3:00 p.m. List of eligible candidates for appearing in the admission test will be published on the college website on 18th July at 5:00 p.m. An admission test will be conducted on around 21st July in the college from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. comprising MCQs from different topics of B.Sc. Microbiology Honours syllabus. The merit list (1st) prepared on the basis of the average of percentage of marks obtained in B.Sc. Microbiology Honours and marks in the admission test, will be published in the college website on 25th July at 5:00 p.m. Admission dates for the candidates whose names have appeared in the 1st merit list are 28th& 29th July (within 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.). First merit list will be cancelled on 29th July at 3:30 p.m. Subsequent merit list (2nd), if required, will be published on-line on 31st July at 5:00 p.m. in the college website according to the formula of merit list preparation as stated for the 1st merit list above. Intake capacity is 37. 60% of the total seats, i.e. 22 seats are reserved for students of the University of Calcutta, while the remaining 40% seats, i.e. 15 seats are open for the candidates of all the UGC Recognized Universities/Institutes of India, including University of Calcutta. Regarding SC/ST or physically challenged & OBC candidates, the existing government rules, as mentioned below will be strictly followed-

University Gen OBC-A OBC-B SC ST Total PH
CU 15 1 0 5 1 22 1
OPEN 11 0 0 3 1 15 0

Admission Qualifications:

Documents to be produced at the time of admission test:

General Rules and Regulations for admission:

Documents to be produced at the time of admission:


Availability of application forms : 6.7.15 (5 p.m.) - 11.7.15(5 p.m.)
Last date of payment for application form 13.7.15 (within 3 p.m.)
Publication of the list of eligible candidates for admission test 18.7.15 (5 p.m.)
Admission test 21.7.15 (2 p.m. -3:30 p.m.)
Publication of 1st merit list 25.7.15 (5 p.m.)
Admission dates for 1st merit list candidates 28.7.15 & 29.7.15 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
Publication of 2nd merit list (if required) 31.7.15 (5 p.m.)